6/22/09

wrapping


i started off wrapping my smalltownvintage goods in brown paper, tied up with rikrak from this MASSIVE spool and topped with a cute little “thanks & enjoy” note. last time i went to buy my umpteenth roll of brown paper – i thought about what i was doing…i want to send a nice package to people (because that is always fun to receive!) and protect the goods but i also don’t want be wasteful and buy this paper to wrap something that doesn’t really need to be wrapped. dilemma. i tried a few other options – vintage sewing patterns, random old tissue paper i had laying around, even some used plastic bags (with some ribbon to try to make it pretty)…nothing is really working for me. any ideas? or should i just not even worry about it?

1 comment:

Neon Relish said...

I love that giant spool! My first thought was newspaper, but it smudges. Brown paper grocery bags, maybe? Fabric would be awesome, but costly - even if you used muslin... All in all I would say not to worry about it, at the end of the day - mail is fun no matter what! (You could always use dunnage, you know...)
;)